[sustran] How many more conferences??

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Sep 4 17:31:56 JST 2010

Friends. Here's my problem.

How is it that a country like India, with so many good and wise people
working on and understanding in many profound ways the challenges and
possibilities of the New Mobility Agenda at its best, continue to do so very
very badly when it comes to spending money and making even half decent
policy and investment decisions.

This strikes me particularly as  I read some of the very fine papers coming
in from our Young Scholars for the Kaohsiung conference, which strike me by
the quality of their understanding and lucidity (and generosity of spirit)
on many (but not all '-) of these matters.

I am not V. S. Naipal (with all the prejudices that entails), but I suspect
there is something very profound  going on in that huge continent of a
country which I as a naive guy from the Unglobal North simply is not capable
of understanding.

We are thinking very seriously of organizing the 2010 World Share/Transport
Forum in India, but maybe it will just be more flapping of the arms and
sugared words shared among a few wise but powerless souls.  Why do it if it
serves no good purpose?

Can someone out there help me out?

Eric Britton

Co-Chairman, World Share/Transport Forum - Kaohsiung 2010

.         Www.kaohsiung.sharetransport.org

.         http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/kaohsiung/

 <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/> Eric Britton |
<http://www.worldstreets.org/> WorldStreets.org |
<http://www.newmobility.org/> NewMobility.org  | Skype: newmobility

8, rue Jospeh Bara  | Paris 75006 France | +331 7550 3788