[sustran] Re: Important parking ruling by India's Supreme Court

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:23:41 JST 2010

Paul Baxter,
You are right in providing a precise interpretation . However, there is
always a possibility of misunderstanding and we in India need to take up and
even educate the authorities as well as the courts that private parking can
and should not be considered public infra structure
and appropriate, fair and transparent pricing alongwith strict rules and
compliance machinery to ensure that road spaces are not carelessly and
freely used for parking - treating them as " public areas and hence free
parking to be allowed " this is a sad libertarian view
and needs to be curbed when the parking chaos is growing in a compounding
manner.
ashok datar

--
Ashok R.Datar