[sustran] No mandatory helmets at Velo-city Global in Vancouver! Join the Facebook Group!

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.eu
Sun Oct 24 23:32:26 JST 2010

Hi,

I started a new Group on Facebook: "No mandatory helmets at Velo-city
Global in Vancouver!" and it would be great if people joined. Thanks!

Here is the description:

"We are happy and delighted that Vancouver has been selected by the
European Cyclists' Federation as the host city for Velo-city Global in
2012. The administration and people of Vancouver have made great efforts
to make their city become more bike-friendly and they deserve this
honour and challenge.

However, for a variety of reasons we oppose the mandatory all-ages
helmet law of the province of British Columbia.

Therefore we threaten a mass non-compliance action during Velo-City in
Vancouver. This will most likely be during the week's group ride, with
many hundreds of participants.

Will Vancouver police fine all of us? Apparently compliance with the law
is low and police rarely enforce it. This is good, but I believe a very
clear message is still warranted. People are still free to wear helmets
and should not be judged either way!

See you - with optional head gear - in Vancouver in June 2012!"

See http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_126914327362653 of search
using the name of the Group....

--

Todd Edelman