[sustran] Re: Games bus lanes may stay in Delhi

ashok datar datar.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 01:01:51 JST 2010

We are doing a small actionable study on JVLR within next three months.
we believe that this 10 km link has not very high traffic volume today. It
does not have many right or left turns ( only three , can u believe it ?)
the footpaths are very wide - min 6 meters to 10 meters and there is a good
possibility to provide recessed bus stops and hence we can experiment with
DBL
and first focus on whether we can provide high frequency reliable service
with sensible routing
would welcome ideas and suggestions
we feel that something like Delhi is worth trying thru focussing on
discipline
we are obviously not anti to center lane fully engineered BRTS
and would welcome debate
our idea is to prevent misuse of footpaths which are not mostly encroached
and this will prevent that
we are working with BEST and MMRDA on this and would love to see something
sensible can happen in few months
bus lanes in CWG are encouraging us
and would like to know more about them
ashok datar