[sustran] Re: Parking prices - more food for thought

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Fri May 21 15:23:14 JST 2010

Thanks very much for that item Alok.  Delhi's parking scene is indeed dire.

The low prices mean that investment in parking is low and (more importantly) demand is unconstrained. Perennial parking shortage is the unsurprising result.

This crunch can only get worse in the short run. The slow-motion supply side responses just dig the hole deeper.

Indian cities have an especially urgent need for parking reform. But what will be the catalyst for change?

All the best

Paul

Paul A. Barter
http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/Faculty_Paul_Barter.aspx