[sustran] survey of people affected by the air crisis

José Carlos Mota jcmota at ua.pt
Wed May 19 22:45:43 JST 2010

[sorry for crossposting]

Stranded away? Trip Delayed, Cancelled?
We would like to hear your story and views.
A survey of people affected by the air crisis was launched by the Institute of Transport and Tourism (University of Central Lancashire) on April 19th.
The survey can be found on  http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AirCrisisSurveyITT   and the Institute is urging people to send the link to anyone they know who has been affected and to send it out through their networks.

"It is important to get as much systematic data as we can," said Jo Guiver, the researcher initiating the survey. "Once the dust has settled, literally, the story about what happened and how people felt about it will change. We are hoping our findings will be useful for airlines, government and others involved and mean we are better prepared should a similar emergency, caused by terrorism, fuel shortages, health scares or whatever, arise in the future."

Dr Jo Guiver
Lecturer and Researcher
Institute of Transport and Tourism
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/lbs/research/institutes_and_centres/transport/index.htm
School of Sport, Tourism and the Outdoor
University of Central Lancashire
Room 60 Greenbank Building
Preston
PR1 2HE