[sustran] Avoiding World Streets email overload - A strategy

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue May 18 18:36:41 JST 2010

Dear Sustraners,

There has been too much mail coming in here concerning World Streets 5/7
daily articles, and for that I must apologize since I am, the guilty party.
Sorry!

Here's a proposed strategy to do way with this inconvenience:

1.     We will no longer post any notices about articles from W/S to this
forum, except under exceptional of circumstances.

a.     The only regular exception to this will be notice of the monthly
summary report.

2.     If you wish to follow the daily postings, here are three possible

a.     Sign into the World Streets Forum at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldStreetsForum. To do that a blank email to
WorldStreetsForum-subscribe at yahoogroups.com will do quite nicely.

.   Now if once there, you still do not wish to receive the daily articles,
but prefer just to receive the monthly summary report (you can see an
example of the latest at
http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2010/05/world-streetsmonthly-report-ap
ril-2010.html) - all you need to do is to go into your Edit Membership
section, and switch your membership Message Delivery to " Special Notices -
Receive only important email notices from the group moderator".

b.    Sign into the Facebook World Streets program site at
www.facebook.worldstreets.org

c.     Or whatever RSS setup you prefer.

In the event, not to fear, World Streets is not about to go away. You will
find the daily postings at www.WorldStreets.org  as always. But perhaps in
this way we can be a better neighbor.

Finally, if you have any further thoughts on this, it would be good to have
them, perhaps in private via eric.britton at worldstreets.org so as to hold
down the noise level.

Eric Britton

Join in World Streets: It's a collaborative enterprise.