[sustran] New Mobility Partnernships - What's going on this summer?

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue May 18 04:20:59 JST 2010

New Mobility Partnerships - What's going on this summer?

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S_F7ADVsO7I/AAAAAAAADBs/t-3-f99QWKA/s
1600/partnerships-lgsp-small.jpg> Two or three times a year your editor sits
down and does his best to compile a readable synopsis of some of the more
important things going on in World Streets, then to be communicated in one
magical shot to the close to four thousand friends and colleagues around the
world who have been involved in some way in these dialogues and projects
over the last several decades. Here you have today's best seasonal effort,
to which as always, comments, criticism and suggestions are warmly welcome.

Judged from a planetary or Kyoto perspective, or from an individual or
public health perspective, or an economic perspective, or ... or ... our
present arrangements for transport in cities are seriously damaged. As
things stand today in city after city around the world, they threaten health
in the city and on the planet. They are dangerous. They are costly. They are
disruptive. They are thoroughly dysfunctional. And they are howlingly
unfair. It does not have to be like that. We can do something about it, and
we should. But we need to join forces to get the job done.

Article freely available in World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
today at www.WorldStreets.org
Discussion in New Mobility Forum. <http://www.newmobility.org/>   Post to
NewMobilityCafe at yahoogroups.com