[sustran] World Streets/Monthly Report - April 2010

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon May 3 23:02:01 JST 2010

World Streets/Monthly Report - April 2010

We are aware that most of our busy readers do not have the time to check
into World Streets on a daily basis. For that reason we make available to
our subscribers and sponsors in addition to the daily edition, a monthly
summary which brings together in one place all postings and comments in a
manner in which the busy reader can scan the month's titles in a few lines
and make a decision as to whether or not to call up and read the full
article. Time-efficient communication in an overload world.
April 2010, the month that was:
Another busy month on World Streets: 26 original articles coming in from
colleagues and collaborators from Australia (several this month), Britain
Canada, China, France, India, Japan, South Korea, and the US -- all of which
are summarized briefly and then with a single click our available to you in
the following pages.

New project: World Streets on Facebook:
We are not Facebook experts, but nonetheless it seems that this is a
communications tool that might be put to work in support of the sustainable
transportation agenda. So with the help of our colleague Anzir Boodoo, we
have set up a first stage site/interface which you can access today via
http://tinyurl.com/ws-facebook1. We invite you to have a look, use as your
interest and skill level permit, and, better yet, lend a hand and help us to
do better.

Latest reader map:
And here you can see where the last eighty visitors came from. Generally
representative of overall pattern, but from day to day with considerable
variations. Our goal for 2010: bring in all those great white swaths.

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S97E-_8-DAI/AAAAAAAAC6c/L4w8ruTYroo/s
1600/map-ws-1may10.jpg>

How to obtain a copy of the April report:

The monthly editions are available through the World Streets Forum to
registered subscribers, collaborators, sponsors and others whom they invite
to share these findings. The Forum provides a handy way to sign in and to
make sure that you are efficiently informed in a concise manner concerning
all articles and postings that appear in the pages of the journal.

Forum. (Access to contents is available to members.) To sign up - a quick
e-mail to subscribe at WorldStreets.org identifying yourself by name,
institutional affiliation 1f any, city, country, and preferred e-mail or
other contact information will do the trick.

Freely available in May - thanks to the Swedish Transportation
Administration
To celebrate the generous support of our program by the Swedish
Transportation Administration <http://www.trafikverket.se/eng> , the full
April report is being made available exceptionally to anyone who comes to
the site asks for it. Don't be shy. Just say thanks to the Swedes.

Article freely available in World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
today at www.WorldStreets.org
Discussion in New Mobility Forum. <http://www.newmobility.org/>   Post to
NewMobilityCafe at yahoogroups.com

Eric Britton <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/>  | World Streets
<http://www.worldstreets.org/>  | The New Mobility Agenda
<http://www.newmobility.org/>  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788| Skype newmobility

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12441647/grpspId=1705329734/msgI
d=445/stime=1272892647/nc1=3848640/nc2=5741391/nc3=5733770>