[sustran] The Take It Down Department. <br/> (A suggestion from one of ...

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Mar 31 23:32:10 JST 2010

The Take It Down Department.

(A suggestion from one of our alert readers.)

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S7DS30T0mnI/AAAAAAAACxI/PEsG7_-ThJ4/s
1600/ws-stopsign2.jpg> Robert Moskowitz, who follows matters of
transportation and public policy with interest from Los Angeles, and who
periodically shares with World Streets information, clues and comments on
matters of old and new mobility, poses the following for our consideration
this morning:

"I've noticed there's a whole infrastructure in our cities in charge of
putting up stop signs, traffic lights, and the like, but no infrastructure
in charge of taking them down when they've outlived their usefulness. If I
were a traffic scientist, I would have studied and published on these
topics. But I had no standing and no time to have more than opinions."

__,_._,___--> The full text of this article appears in today's World Streets
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/>  at http://WorldStreets.org/

--> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at
www.open.WorldStreets.org

-- > Discussions on World Streets Forum at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldStreets>