[sustran] Re: Is carsharing irrelevant for the Global South?

Sarath Guttikunda sguttikunda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 12:06:24 JST 2010

Dear Lloyd,

yes, this does not apply for people who use driver for pick-up and drop-off.
It does double the vehicle kilometers traveled.

Speaking of Delhi and some friends around here, In general, there is a
tendency to promote telecommuting when possible and most of the big
institutions have mini-bus services to pick-up and drop-off staff, which is
a good practice, and needs promotion from the corporate side.

With regards,
Sarath

--
Sarath Guttikunda