[sustran] [World Streets] Letter from Kathmandu: Promoting walking as sustainable...

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Mar 24 22:56:18 JST 2010

Letter from Kathmandu: Promoting walking as sustainable transportation

 <http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S6nTRvuBwCI/AAAAAAAACu0/_hc0N8vcvmg/s1600/ws-nepal5.jpg>  <http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S6nmLRENGoI/AAAAAAAACvU/Z0WAC9vcFuU/s1600/ws-nepal-trafficx.jpg> Does anyone notice anything a bit strange in these two photos of traffic in Kathmandu Nepal on any typical day. To the left we have boiling Asia-style traffic propelling speeding high carbon males. While to the right we see a woman and a girl making their way as best they can by foot. Hmm.

Status of Pedestrian Infrastructures in Kathmandu City

- Charina Cabrido, Clean Air Initiatives for Asian Cities. Kathmandu, Nepal.

__,_._,___--> The full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets <http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/>  at http://WorldStreets.org/

--> No broadband? No problem. Find it on the Open Edition at www.open.WorldStreets.org