[sustran] World Streets - change in notification routine starts today

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Mar 4 01:40:02 JST 2010

Paris, Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Dear Sustran colleagues,

Yesterday World Streets celebrated its first anniversary.  Hurrah!  And one
of our hopes for Year 2 is that we will now become not only better but also
more efficient, including in our certainly too copious mailings to several
of our New Mobility fora in our (too) earnest attempts to keep you all
informed about progress and publications.

As part of this, starting today we have decided to simplify radically the
process of communication about our articles and contributions.  To this end
we have created a separate forum which you are invited to visit at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WorldStreets/>
this works, we would refer you to today's lead posting at
<http://www.WorldStreets.org> www.WorldStreets.org, entitled "The World
Streets Forum, Library and Reading Room".

Against this backdrop, the present note is to invite you, if you are
interested to follow what is going on in the world's only sustainable
transportation daily, to do one of two things, both of which considerably
more efficient than my relentless peppering of several of our New Mobility
fora with almost daily postings over these last months.

.         The first option is to invite you to sign in to the new forum, for
which you will find full details in today's lead article.

.         The second will be to suggest you set up an RSS link, for which
you will see full guidelines in the left column of the journal.

That's it.  World Streets is a great read, but we have to make it easier and
more agreeable for all of us in the future.  I hope you appreciate this
advance, and as always we look forward to your suggestions and eventual
contributions to the Journal.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

Managing editor