[sustran] Transport governance is also one such area which isnotwell-researched.

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jun 18 17:12:37 JST 2010

Thank you very much Dave and Chris for those fine comments. My role was
simply to light a fire, and I would very much hope that others of you will
pitch in. This is such an important subject, not so much for throwing rocks
at hapless politicians and administrators, but far more important seeing
perhaps a bit better what we can do to influence or create a better process
of decision making and governance.

And if some recent events in India were the immediate inspiration that got
the ball rolling, we can easily find plenty of outrageous examples in other
places, including of course in our own backyards.

We get the quality of government that we create.

So I hope there will be more commentary on this. I for one await it with
real interest.

Eric Britton

 <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/> Eric Britton |
<http://www.worldstreets.org/> WorldStreets.org | NewMobility.org  |
<http://www.facebook.worldstreets.org> www.facebook.WorldStreets.org

8, rue Joseph Bara.  75006 Paris France  |  +331 7550 3788  |  Skype:
newmobility