[sustran] El Salvador - Clowns who perform on public buses protest armed robber imposter clowns

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.eu
Sat Jun 12 07:28:37 JST 2010

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10651129

El Salvador - Clowns who perform on public buses protest armed robber
imposter clowns

**11 June

San Salvador, El Salvador - About 100 professional clowns who make money
by performing on public buses marched through Salvadoran capital
Thursday to protest the killing of a passenger by two imposter clowns.

On Monday, a man was shot five times in the face and stomach when he
declined to give money to two assailants dressed as clowns who boarded a
public bus. No one has been arrested.

The protesters - wearing oversized bow ties, tiny hats and big yellow
pants - marched down San Salvador's main street in an effort to both
entertain and educate passersby. Several held signs insisting that real
clowns are not criminals.

"We are protesting so that people know we are not killers," said
professional clown Ana Noelia Ramirez. "The people who did this are not
clowns. They unfortunately used our costume and our makeup to commit a
monstrous act."

Clown-union leader Carlos Vasquez says he plans to issue IDs to all real
clowns and urge police to detain those who do not have them.

About a dozen people are killed daily in El Salvador, slayings police
attribute primarily to gang members, drug traffickers and other
organized crime. More than 6 million people live in the Central American
country.

-AP

Copyright ©2010, APN Holdings NZ Limited
Angry clowns protest armed robber imposters

--

Todd Edelman
Green Idea Factory,

Mobile: ++49(0)162 814 4081