[sustran] blog post says 'parking slots are like toilets (according to conventional parking planning)'

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Thu Jun 10 18:46:02 JST 2010

My latest blog post says: Parking slots are like toilets (according to conventional parking planning)

"Planning systems treat parking and toilets in very similar ways and for similar reasons (such as to deter people from 'doing it in the streets')."

Read more at http://reinventingtransport.blogspot.com/

It is a bit cheeky I know but I have a serious point and I think the analogy is helpful.

Paul

Paul A. Barter | Assistant Professor | LKY School of Public Policy National University of Singapore | 469C Bukit Timah Road | Singapore 259772 | Tel: +65-6516 3324 | Fax: +65-6778 1020 | paulbarter at nus.edu.sg<mailto:paulbarter at nus.edu.sg> | http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/Faculty_Paul_Barter.aspx  http://reinventingtransport.blogspot.com/