[sustran] Kaohsiung 2010: First International Share/Transport Forum

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jul 30 18:57:06 JST 2010

"On the whole, you find wealth more in use than in ownership."
- Aristotle. ca. 350 BC
First International Share/Transport Forum -
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan - 16 - 19 September 2010
In some of the world's most successful and livable cities, we are already
entering into a world of new mobility practices that are changing the
transportation landscape. It has to do with sharing, as opposed to outright
ownership.
The City of Kaohsiung, <http://www.kaohsiung.sharetransport.org/>  together
with an international team from the Chinese Institute of Transport (CIT)
<http://www.cit.org.tw/>  and the New Mobility Partnerships
<http://www.cit.org.tw/> , is organizing three-day international forum to
take place from 16 - 19 September 2010, in which professionals working at
the leading edge of sustainable transport innovations are coming together,
to examine together the concept and practice of sharing transport in the
21st century, to discuss future applications for Share/Transport in Taiwan,
China, Asia and beyond.
Who should attend -
*	Researchers, city administration, operators, large public sector
employers, activists, NGOs, students, consultants, media, and suppliers or
products, technology and services to the sector
.         From Taiwan, China, South-East Asia and all others interested
.         Language: Chinese/English. Full translation of all sessions
*   Click here <http://www.k2010-sum.sharetransport.org/>  for conference
brochure and invitation - www.k2010-sum.sharetransport.org
*   See www.kaohsiung.sharetransport.org  or
www.kaohsiung-sharetransport.com.tw
<http://www.kaohsiung-sharetransport.com.tw/>  (Chinese) for full
information

World Share/Transport Forum
International Collaboration and exchange - Opportunities and invitations

Kaohsiung 2010
This is a continuing international program; the Kaohsiung conference is
intended to be the opening shot in a series of collaborative initiatives in
support of transport sharing that are set to take place in the months and
several years ahead.  Here are some of the collaborative currents which may
interest you and concerning which we should be most pleased to hear from
you.

.         Working papers and reports covering the topics under discussion
are welcome and will be selectively shared with the conference
.         Shared/resources: We are developing a shared library of resources
and program information on the full range of topics under discussion (see
website for clarification). You are invited to inspect and add to there.
.         Journal of record: World Streets is the journal of record for the
World Share/Transport Forum and the Kaohsiung 2010 Conference. You can check
it out http://worldstreets.wordpress.com/category/sharing/. If you have
ideas for articles, contact the editor at editor at worldstreets.org
.         Languages - The conference is in English and Chinese with
simultaneous translation of all sessions. Some may find use in the Google
Translate buttons that have been incorporated into each page of the site,
offering useful (for some) one click rough translations into 18 languages.
.         Young Researchers/Future Leaders project: This could be an
important project component as you will see on the introductory section on
the site. But there is very little time. We need to find the resources for
these "backpack" fellowships. We have plenty of excellent candidates and it
would be great to find the means to bring them to Kaohsiung. Any ideas for
us about financing and other forms of support?
.         Round Tables: We are already discussing the possibility of several
Regional, National or City Round Tables, building on the base which has thus
far been created. Would you be interested in discussing?
.         2011 World Conference.   We already are discussing the 2011
conference and are looking for collaborators and hosts? Any ideas for us?

Please share this posting with your colleagues, lists and others who share
our interests.

If you have questions or suggestions, kindly contact
eric.britton at newmobility.org or Skype newmobility.

8, rue Jospeh Bara  | Paris 75006 France | +331 7550 3788