[sustran] Transport Research position at University of Bologna, Italy.

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jul 26 17:43:21 JST 2010

Behalf Of Joerg Schweizer
Sent: Monday, 26 July, 2010 09:56

Dear Colleagues,

sorry for disturbing you a second time with this research position.
I would like to ask for applications to be submitted by  AUGUST 2nd 2010
(In the last mail I stated "as soon as possible").

As the formal application (deadline by the end of August) requires some
efforts from your side (official translation of titles in Italian,
recognition etc.) I have decided to make a pre-selection by 03/08/2010.
I think this is in your interest as it prevents you from wasting your
time.

Copy of job description follows below.

With kind regards,
Joerg Schweizer
- Joerg.Schweizer at mail.ing.unibo.it

Transport Research position at University of Bologna, Italy, starting in
September 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We are immediately hiring staff for a research position with a duration
of maximum 3 years.

The general research topic is on modeling car-free living, soft-modes,
public transport and how it may change long-term land-use and the
economy.

A large part of the work will be dedicated to a project of the central
European programme called "BICY" (www.bicy.it). The main task for this
project will be to coordinate mobility surveys and to evaluate the
efficiency of bicycle infrastructure. Another task will be to follow and
manage the project as partner. Clearly, this means report-writing and
attending relevant meetings and workshops.

Requirements for job application are:
- PhD in engineering science or economy,
  or 3 years of specialization (Master).
- 2 years of professional experience or research
  (documentation/publications)
- Perfect English in spoken and written
  (Italian would be helpful but is not necessary)

The candidate should ideally have skills in the following:
- Knowledge in statistical data analyses, LUTI models,
  economic background
- Experience/knowledge of bicycle projects or planning or evaluation
- Experience with international/EU projects,
  report writing, etc
- Experience with software and programming in the field of
  transport

We also prefer candidates who live in countries/cities with a
"reasonable" bicycle culture.

The project has officially started in March 2010 and has a duration of
three years. Work contract is approximately 1500EUR/month net salary and
is to be renewed each year. For applicants without PhD, there is also
the possibility to attend the doctoral programme for free in order to
develop a PhD thesis on the research topic.