[sustran] World Share/Transport Forum: Kaohsiung, 16-19 September 2010

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Jul 22 17:37:00 JST 2010

cid:image001.png at 01CB2908.F75A7990

                         Heavy traffic on the way to sustainable cities and
sustainable lives . . .

Paris, Thursday, July 22, 2010

Subject: Sustainable transport's missing link.

Dear Friends,

I would very much like to invite your comments and ideas on the game plan
for what I believe is going to be the world's first international conference
solely devoted to the theme of sharing in transport.  And if sharing seems
like a minor idea to you, an inconsequential detour, well let me point you
first to the attached short media release and from there to our 95% ready to
go website at www.kaohsiung.sharetransport.org  and invite you to read on.
We might well think of it as sustainable transport's missing link.

Here are several points in our preparations that I would like to ask your
counsel on (for now in private to eric.britton at newmobility.org  and then I
can get a resume to the group later if it seems useful for them).

.         Your critical observations and suggestions to improve the still
not quite finished website.  (What you do not already see on line are our
detailed two-page work programs and background information for each session.
We call these our 90 minute Master Classes. To follow next week.)

.         Your good thoughts on the rough draft page on the eventual Young
Researchers add-on project. We have already gotten some enthusiastic
expressions of interest from young researchers and activists, and think this
is something really worth doing. But we are going to need a budget for it?
Any clues for us?

.         Want to be part of the conference? Do you have a working paper or
web reference that could be useful to the group? If so, please let's hear
from you.

.         And should you be interested in joining us in Kaohsiung, I am
afraid that our ground zero budget does not have any fat in it for air
travel or local accommodations, but I am sure that we will be able to
arrange free access to all the conference events in the case you are able to
pitch in join us.

Finally, one last wrinkle on what we are trying to achieve here. Yes, to
organize and conduct a first rate conference on this important and largely
neglected topic. But also to provide a continuing useful resource to anyone
anywhere in the world who wishes to know more about share/transport
strategies and techniques.

I hope you find this of useful and await with real interest your comments
and suggestions. And who knows, we may even see you in Kaohsiung.  Let's
talk about it.

With all good wishes,

Eric

* World Streets is available daily at  <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
worldstreets.org and  <http://www.facebook.worldstreets.org>
www.facebook.worldstreets.org .

* Africa Streets is getting underway at
<http://www.africastreets.wordpress.org> www.africastreets.wordpress.org

* Les Rues du Monde in start-up mode at www.lesruesdumonde.org

* And the New Mobility Partnerships and its collaborative programs at
<http://www.program.newmobility.org> www.program.newmobility.org

cid:image002.png at 01CB2908.F75A7990