[sustran] Re: Pelican Crossings!!

Ahuja, Sonal (Capita Symonds) Sonal.Ahuja at capita.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 10:53:08 JST 2010

We have done some extensive tests with Pelican crossing with ped
Detection in Delhi and are ongoing setup of a few crossing in Delhi. We
did not propose puffin with on crossing detectors due to stop line
enforcement issues and went for traditional pelicans. So far the results
have been very promising. One has to be careful on the infrastructure is
designed. In Delhi the roads are quite wide so intergreens can be large.

So far these mid block crossings seem to operate without any probelms

If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

with warm regards

Sonal Ahuja

Director International Development,
Technology Transport and Infrastructure

CAPITA SYMONDS
86 Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1EN
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 77 88 666 523
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7870 9399
Mail: sonal.ahuja at capita.co.uk
www.capitasymonds.co.uk
CapiCapita Symonds Ltd
Regiregistered office: 71 Victoria Street, Westminster, London SW1H 0XA.
Registered in England No. 2018542
Part Part of the Capita Group Plc.  www.capita.co.uk

Think of the environment. Print only if necessary.