[sustran] Re: Gender, Economic Integration and Cross-Border Infrastructure Development

Velo Mondial operations at velomondial.net
Sun Jul 11 16:12:41 JST 2010

During the World CarFree Conference in York, that Velo Mondial attended a
video was created asking some experts to comment on the plans of Guadelajara
Jalisco Mexico to build a highway. The plans resembled those that Amsterdam
had back in the sixties of building a highway through the city;
Amsterdammers blocked those plans and now we have the pretty city that
Amsterdam is. The video was put on Youtube but the government of Jalisco was
not pleased and asked YouTube to bring it down (after around 15,000 hits)
claiming misuse of Copyright! That proved to be an action on the same level
in communication as the plans are for building the road in the field of
mobility. It became a much larger issue, calling even more attention on
people worried about censorship and accountability. Two days later another
11,000 saw the video on YouTube.

http://velomondial.blogspot.com/2010/07/drama-in-guadalajara-mexico.html

Pascal J.W. van den Noort
Executive Director Velo Mondial