[sustran] Re: Fwd: [UTSG] Call for action: Istanbul is beingdismissed from the World Heritage List!

Lee Schipper schipper at wri.org
Thu Jul 8 12:51:16 JST 2010

Thanks  Paul for the tip. Having spent weeks working with Sibel and EMBARQ there I think it would be a tragedy to see authorities throw in the towel for more car space! I do know that the Metro plans were shelved for a part of the historic city (west of the Golden Horn) where rumbling of trains would have endangered buildings.

Lee Schipper, Ph.D
Project Scientist
Global Metropolitan Studies

2614 Dwight Way 2nd floor