[sustran] The golden rule of sustainable transport is to succeed

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jul 5 17:57:20 JST 2010

Subject: Plan ahead for R2W: Adopting a stretch

Sounds like a plan.  But let's never lose this from sight:

The golden rule of sustainable transport is to succeed. Not to feel noble in
failure, to feel misunderstood, to think that our high aspirations are too
early for our time, but simply to succeed in whatever it is we set out to
do.  (I know you all know this, but perhaps it is not a waste of a few short
lines to recall it.)

So if you can succeed with your "stretch" (and I would be eager to learn
more about it), then the mere fact that you have achieved success by being,
in your own words, "not very controversial and . . . relatively easy to do"
will be a lesson for us all.

Great good luck Kanthi. Keep us informed.

Eric

Eric Britton | WorldStreets.org | NewMobility.org  | Skype: newmobility

8, rue Jospeh Bara  | Paris 75006 France | +331 7550 3788