[sustran] Re: Mumbai monorail project looks to reduce CO2 emissions ???

Carlosfelipe Pardo carlosfpardo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:16:44 JST 2010

I don't get it: 200 tons of CO2 reduction per day with 300 thousand
commuters? In what timespan? For background, Delhi metro estimated 90
thousand tons reduction between 2004- 2007 ( X pax per day?) , and
TransMilenio in Bogotá got 70 thousand tons reduction for 2008 with 1.6
million pax per day. Do the numbers come out right for this Mumbai
monorail? I'm not good with numbers but somehow the ones for Mumbai seem
a bit high... anyone?

Best regards,

Carlos.

- 2008, 70,000 tons