[sustran] How our public transport system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jan 22 18:16:12 JST 2010

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S1h0QUmziVI/AAAAAAAACXg/vMRYTTiNKSc/s
1600-h/ws-pic-sihle.jpg> Message from South Africa:
How our public transport system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.
South African travel writer Sihle Khumalo knows African public transport
intimately, but is more accustomed to his own private wheels in his home
town of Jozi. He took time out recently to explore his own backyard by
public transport, from Soweto to Sandton.

Having travelled by public transport in more than 10 other African
countries, it was only natural that I explore my own backyard using taxis
and the newly launched Bus Rapid Transport (BRT) System - better known as
ReaVaya. Amongst other things I wanted to see how our public transport
system compares with the rest of Mama Africa.

--> The full text of this article appears in today's World Streets
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/>  at http://WorldStreets.org/
--> To read all World Streets articles on Africa click to
http://tinyurl.com/ws-africa

Read World Streets Today at  <http://www.worldstreets.org/>
http://www.worldstreets.org/
New Mobility Partnerships  -  <http://www.newmobility.org/>
http://www.newmobility.org
8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France, Europe
           +331 4326 1323  eric.britton(at)newmobility.org   Skype:
newmobility