[sustran] Guidance on Transport NAMAs

SUTP Team sutp at sutp.org
Fri Jan 22 13:16:18 JST 2010

Dear All and Climate-L readers,

The Copenhagen Accord provides an opportunity for non-Annex I country
Parties to submit a list of Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions
(NAMAs) by the 31st January 2010, for inclusion within Appendix II of
the Accord. The ‘Bridging the Gap’ initiative has developed a guidance
document for Parties on the submission of NAMAs in the transport sector,
providing an overview of the potential mitigation actions, at national
and sub-national level, that could be included within NAMA submissions.

In the hope that this may help trigger further action towards
sustainable low-carbon transport, we encourage you to disseminate this
widely, particularly to developing country Parties and their relevant
institutions/individuals involved in the formulation/communication of NAMAs.

A MS Word version is also available upon request, which we welcome you
to edit for your tailored purposes.

Please also see our new report analysing the outcomes of COP15, and the
implications for the transport sector:
http://www.transport2012.org/bridging/ressources/documents/1/556,Copenhagen_report_FINAL_Bridging_the.pdf

The document has been prepared by the Bridging the Gap Initiative (GTZ,
Veolia Transport, UITP and TRL)  in partnership with ITDP.
www.transport2012.org<http://www.transport2012.org>

It is a contribution to the Partnership on Sustainable Low-Carbon Transport.
www.slocat.net<http://www.slocat.net>

Note: The Bridging the Gap Initiative does not endorse any particular
position on the Copenhagen Accord, nor is the document meant to
prejudice the negotiation outcome in any way.

With Best Regards,

Daniel Bongardt, GTZ
+ 49 6196/79-1375,

http://www.transport2012.org