[sustran] Carsharing 2010 progress report on your country on World Streets?

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Jan 14 17:01:05 JST 2010

Dear Sustraners,

On World Streets, we have just started a series of 21010 country reports on
carsharing developments and futures. You can see the first three of them at
www.WorldStreets.org - Canada, US, and UK.

It is our intention to present these overviews for all countries currently
with operations in the sector, and perhaps a few that are thinking about it
but do not yet have something under operation.

In the South East Asia, region, we are already discussing reports on
developments in Singapore, Japan, Korea and perhaps also in Taiwan. All that
is well, good, useful and timely.

But just as interesting would be a couple of reports on why carsharing is
not yet taking place in (name your country or countries of choice here).
Carsharing is after all a sustainable transport mode that works in more than
one thousand places in the world. It no longer is enveloped in mystery. For
users its appeal is above all that it is economic, but just after because it
is for those who use it simply more convenient than having to deal with
their own car. That it is healthy and makes for a cleaner, less polluted and
less crowded city is also great, but those are not for most people the
motives for switching.

So . . . and now my question/invitation: Is there anyone here who might like
to take a swipe at carsharing 2009/2010 in their country. If so you have a
really interested partner in . . .

Eric Britton

溥 立敦

New Mobility Partnerships  - http://www.newmobility.org
<http://www.newmobility.org/>
8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France, Europe
+331 7550 3788  eric.britton(at)newmobility.org   Skype: newmobility