[sustran] Sustainable Urban Transport in Asia 2009: A Year in Review

Kaye Patdu kaye.patdu at cai-asia.org
Mon Jan 4 10:15:38 JST 2010

*Sustainable Urban Transport in Asia 2009: A Year in Review*

Year 2009 can be considered very significant as climate change concerns in
transport became the primary driver of the Sustainable Transport agenda. At
the end of the year as deal at Copenhagen became just a "step forward" to
hopefuls and a "dismal act" to many environmentalists, if we step back and
analyze important developments in transport in Asia; we see many climate
change initiatives pushing transport. The "other" important benefits seems
to have taken the backseat and many in policy making and transport community
started recognizing Transport as a key element in mitigating Climate Change.
"Low Carbon Transport" became the mantra, which would decide the future
course of transport for the next decade.

In this document, CAI-Asia presents selected news stories, relevant studies
and other articles which summarize the best and worst of year 2009 from the
transport perspective.

Full document can be accessed here:
http://www.cleanairnet.org/caiasia/1412/article-73662.html

Cheers
Kaye

--
Maria Katherina Patdu
Environmental Researcher

Clean Air Initiative for Asian Cities (CAI-Asia Center) Center
T +63 2 395 2843 to 45 | F +63 2 395 2846 | M +63 927 441 5692 |
kaye.patdu at cai-asia.org
Unit 3510, 35F, Robinsons-Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue, Pasig City, 1605,
Philippines