[sustran] Southeast Asia and World Streets

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Feb 17 19:22:54 JST 2010

Southeast Asia is such an important part of the world, both in general and
of course specifically in our area of transportation, cities and sustainable
transportation -- that it is a great pity that we are seeing so little about
innovations and, yes, also problems and shortcomings from your part of the
world.

How can we do something about this?  Well the first step is to engage
individuals who are already checking into this wonderful forum Sustran -
that is YOU -- , to encourage them to greater initiative  to bring to our
attention projects, events, etc. that readers in other parts of the world
will do well to know more about.  (It goes without saying, if you are
familiar with World Streets, that we do not in the habit of printing press
releases or anything of that sort, our emphasis being more toward the
analytical, independent, and as necessary critical perspectives and points
of view.)

There also perhaps better institutional contacts.  The first of these is
that over the years we noticed that within any given country, or city for
that matter, there is usually one agency or institution that is closer to
sharing the values of sustainable transportation plan most of the rest.  How
to find them and to open up discussions of how we can collaborate?  The
simple truth is however that at this point we simply do not know and are not
in direct contact with these institutions -- and that is a real pity.  Maybe
some of you can help us make these contacts.

One of the reasons that this kind of link can be important is that these
institutions are agencies can help us cover the so-called "last kilometer"
of a link between information and insights would provide an individuals
might find them useful.  In countries in which we have such informal
sometimes very effective relationships, refine and we are able to reach more
effectively the people and groups who can find our work and offerings
useful.  You can see more on this at
http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2010/02/world-streets-collaborative-pr
ogram.html#6

There is a big world out there that wants to know more about what is going
on at the leading edge, and at the lagging edge, in Southeast Asia.  Lend a
hand.

Eric Britton

Note: New Paris tel. +331 7550 3788 . Kindly change your records.

World Streets  .   <http://www.worldstreets.org/> www.worldstreets.org

8/10, rue Jospeh Bara  .  Paris 75006 France

+331 7550 3788  .   <mailto:eric.britton at newmobility.org>
eric.britton at newmobility.org  .  Skype newmobility

New Mobility Partnerships   .  <http://www.partners.newmobility.org>
www.partners.newmobility.org

9440 Readcrest Drive  .   Los Angeles, CA 90210

+1 213 984 1277 .   <mailto:fekbritton at gmail.org> fekbritton at gmail.org .
Skype ericbritton