[sustran] Re: government planning to restrict private cars in Dhaka to reduce traffic jam.

Pardo carlosfpardo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:31:00 JST 2010

Buying buses on its own, wherever they have doors, will never solve urban transport problems if they do not have a proper regulation plan in place. I would have welcomed more an announcement from Dhaka saying that they would start to properly regulate and plan bus operations. Buying toys may seem nice, but with he same driver training, maintenance, regulation structure and contracts (if there are any) will just produce the same result in five years, with the added phrase: "we tried but this bus thing doesn't work. Let's buy helicopters for everyone".

Carlos

Written with my thumbs. Please excuse typos.