[sustran] Part I. The World - the Climate - the Strategy. Come argue with me.

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Dec 7 00:52:39 JST 2010

I have just posted what I believe to be a very contentious policy proposal
for our sector on World Streets.

The first paragraph reads as follows:

Let me sketch out an easy to understand (or reject) climate/transport
strategy that presents some stark contrasts with what seems to be largely
accepted as the received wisdom when it comes to targeting, policy and
investment in the sector, and which in a first instance is quite likely to
earn me more enemies than friends (that goes with the territory). At least
until such time that these basic underlying ideas are expressed in a manner
which is sufficiently clear and convincing that we put them to work to turn
the tide. So here you have my first brief statement of the issues, the basic
strategic frame and key pressure points to which I invite your critical
reactions and comments. In a second piece in this series, to follow shortly,
I intend to have a look at the candidates who could be ready to do something
about it. Or not

You will find the full article today at www.WorldStreets.org.

I very much hope that you will share your thoughts and critical remarks with
me on this. For if I have it right, this is going to open up some entirely
new paths and direction for transport and climate policy and practice
worldwide.

Thanks for shooting straight.

Eric Britton

Eric Britton <http://www.britton.newmobility.org/>  | WorldStreets.org