[sustran] Global South: Key references on World Streets

eric britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sun Aug 22 20:30:03 JST 2010

Greetings from Paris, Delhi and Kaohsiung:

We are cooking up some reference tools over at World Streets which may be
useful to you, and which you can possibly help us to make better for all.
Let me see if I can make this fast.

We have thus far identified going on one thousand blogs and sources world
wide that look directly at our topic - sustainable transport and sustainable
cities - and are now concentrating on seeing if we can get a good listing
identifying all those which are leading the way with ideas, information and
insights on our topic. Few of these references/sources are purely local, but
where the city or organization identified is setting an example or blazing a
trail for others, then they belong on this list.

Key Global South references: You will see our work in progress on this, if
you scroll down to the lower half of www.WorldStreets.org  and direct your
attention to the 40 sources thus far identified here as important sources
for those concerned with these issues in the "Global South" (think most of
Asia, Latin America and Africa".

Please have a look and let us know if you have sources whom you feel should
be identified and linked here? Thanks.

I should point out that all these sources, and quite a number of other in
other categories in process, including NGOs, universities, public agencies,
media and one or two others, are directly searchable through out combined
search engine, Knoogle. You will see how that works in the top Link
reference labeled "Search all Key Sources". It's already pretty good and is
going to get better.

In closing let me acknowledge the help of Pallavi
<http://www.ecoplan.org/kaohsiung/general/young-bio-notes.htm#pant>  Pant of
New Delhi who has kindly volunteered to lend a hand.