[sustran] New parking policy blog: Reinventing Parking

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Fri Aug 20 16:21:58 JST 2010

As many sustran-discussers know, I see parking as very important for cities and their futures.

So you will not be surprised that I have started a new blog to focus specifically on parking policy.  It is called Reinventing Parking. Among other things, I want to try to help communities understand the parking choices they face and to help them to improve their policies.

If you agree with me that parking policy is important and interesting please visit and consider subscribing to its feed or via email.  Please spread the word to people who care about improving parking policy.

The link is www.reinventingparking.org<http://www.reinventingparking.org>.

The first three posts are:

 *   Are Shoup's parking ideas relevant in Asia?<http://www.reinventingparking.org/2010/08/are-shoups-parking-ideas-relevant-in.html>
 *   Spike in American parking debate after Tyler Cowen...<http://www.reinventingparking.org/2010/08/spike-in-american-parking-debate-after.html>
 *   A new parking policy blog!<http://www.reinventingparking.org/2010/08/new-parking-policy-blog.html>

Please forgive the shameless self promotion. I hope you will find the site useful.

Best wishes

Paul

Paul A. Barter | Assistant Professor | LKY School of Public Policy National University of Singapore | 469C Bukit Timah Road | Singapore 259772 | Tel: +65-6516 3324 | Fax: +65-6778 1020 | paulbarter at nus.edu.sg<mailto:paulbarter at nus.edu.sg> | http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/Faculty_Paul_Barter.aspx  http://www.reinventingtransport.org/ http://ww.reinventingparking.org