[sustran] The End of Climate? Hello Professor Krugman.

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Apr 22 03:48:35 JST 2010

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/S88nHZ2yVdI/AAAAAAAAC1w/9lp63IgEXO4/s
1600/ws-pic-krugman.jpg> Engaging the battle to mitigate climate change is
one of the fundamental driving principles behind World Streets, since we
have taken it as our main metric for remedial action in the transport
sector, which as you all know accounts for something like 20% +/-5% of all
GHG emissions. By "metric" we mean that the climate emergency calls for
sharp near-term reductions in emissions, and it just so happens that the
transport sector is extremely well placed to do its part. But in light of
recent attacks on the part of climate deniers, what is the score? Should we
now give up on our climate metric? Let us hear what Paul Krugman, winner of
the 2008 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science, has to say about it.

Full piece freely available in World Streets today at www.WorldStreets.org

Eric Britton | World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>  | The New
Mobility Agenda  <http://www.newmobility.org/>  | Paris  | +331 7550 3788|
Skype newmobility