[sustran] [World Streets] PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town (Not everybody loves it equally)

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Oct 2 00:45:23 JST 2009

cid:image003.jpg at 01CA3E11.3A83E910

Paris. Thursday, 01 October, 2009
PARK(ing) Day in Cape Town
(Not everybody loves it equally)
- By Gail Jennings, Cape Town, South Africa

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SsH0Oi8uIlI/AAAAAAAABu8/51_21MQHbCU/s
1600-h/ws-parking-capetown3.jpg> A few weeks back, a local police vehicle -
which had been circling for a while - came to abrupt halt on a no-stopping
line in front of me in Fish Hoek, and asked if my colleagues and I had
permission to be in our parking bay*. The nearby businesses were
complaining, you see; by occupying our bay, they said, we were preventing
others from doing so, and this meant, no doubt, that their daily takings
would suffer.

--> Full text of this article appears in today’s World Streets
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/>  at http://WorldStreets.org/
-->  Last month on World Streets - at
http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

溥 立敦

New Mobility Partnerships  -  <http://www.newmobility.org/>
http://www.newmobility.org
    8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France, Europe
          +331 4326 1323  eric.britton(at)newmobility.org   Skype:
newmobility