[sustran] Re: India - Bosch Horn commercial

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Nov 19 01:08:26 JST 2009

>> We can also flag the video as inappropriate in youtube<<

No no.  Please don't do that.

The video is (horribly!) appropriate and we need to have it out there for
all to see.

Over at World Streets we are trying to follow up on this, and I personally
and professionally believe that a combination of humor and perspective will
go a long way. This is an object lesson in the fundamental contradictions
that wrack our poor planet, and we should not just erase it as if the causes
were not there.

What we say in these cases is, give them plenty of rope.  So that they can
hang themselves.

Let them continue to speak out. And let us speak out ourselves.

Kind wishes,

Eric Britton

PS. Also and finally, le us not lose sight that a shop like Bosch has
enormous technology potential in areas which are important for new mobility
and sustainability. So let's see if we can nudge them in the right
direction. (More than nudge actually but all that for another day).