[sustran] [World Streets] Bad News Department is really great idea!

Eric Britton (Paris, France) editor at worldstreets.org
Tue Mar 31 15:25:47 JST 2009

Bad News Department is really great idea! I can say it as a contributor
to various magazines (mainly cycling and popular-scientific ones) with
25 years of experience. "Bad news is a good news" approach is popular
rather between the evening papers, but who don't likes gossiping?

>From the other hand, early alert may help to take countermeasures -- be
forewarned is to be forearmed.

Recently I have had in my Department a meeting about the Public Bike
project with people from Public Transport Authority. What have been
their first words? "The mass loss of Velib bikes forces us to rethink
the idea of..."

And -- thanks to the Bad News Department -- I could tell them: "Don't
get used too much to this idea. The news is highly exaggerated. We will
make our plan real". They were not very happy -- I've got a feeling
thet they'll start the project just for to write a report: "Running the
PBS is non possible".

We'll see...

Marek Utkin
Warsaw, Poland

--
Posted By Eric Britton (Paris, France) to World Streets at 3/30/2009
06:22:00 AM