[sustran] [World Streets Daily] Collisions Between Assymetrical Parties

Chris Bradshaw hearth at ties.ottawa.on.ca
Fri Mar 27 02:20:26 JST 2009

Eric,Your suggestion that, in the case of a collision in a public
street, regardless of fault, the larger, faster party bear the
responsibility for redress. This is close to my proposal that the party
in the larger vehicle (who usually doesn't get injured) lose their
privilege to drive for as long as the smaller (usually also slower)
party takes to recover and to resume the mode of travel they were using
at the time of the collision.Your proposal could be a little
even-handed if the fault principle (based on the Highway Traffic Act)
would apply to that portion of the outcome that _would_ have entailed
had the two parties been the same size and moving at the same speed as
the more benign party, while the rest of the outcome fall at the feet
(as it were) of the larger, faster party, regardless of fault.BTW, the
other posting on the new SeeFlickFix.com site is very important. I used
it for a missing set of stairs in a small park near my home a few
minutes ago, and it took my material, including a photo, quite well.
However, I had to reply to my own post, to correct the software that
would not let me reposition the icon to a more accurate location. I
also posted a second photo, getting it properly turned upwards (mea
culpa).I see this as the way to create stewardship over public places,
and to remove from cities the right of controling the records of
complaints ("Oh, you're the first person to complain.")Chris
BradshawOttawa

--
Posted By Chris Bradshaw to World Streets Daily at 3/26/2009 06:09:00 PM