[sustran] Re: New Share Bike scheme in Taipei

Zvi Leve zvi.leve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:17:42 JST 2009

Montreal's public bike scheme - Bixi
<http://www.bixisystem.com/expertise/>- also has the active
involvement of local designers, manufacturers and even
software developers.

Getting over that "last mile" connection will be quite a challenge. It is
not enough to just make the option available. One really needs to think
about how the transition from public transport to bicycle to destination
will be carried out. If any step of the process is not comfortable or
convenient, it can be enough to discourage someone from choosing the public
transport mode completely!

In case anyone was surprised by the $ values for the 15 additional minutes,
I assume that these are New Taiwan Dollars so $10 = $US 0.30 (= 30 cents),
which is much more reasonable.

Best,

Zvi