[sustran] Support World Streets - A new page for New Mobility

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Mar 10 18:22:09 JST 2009

 <http://www.worldstreets.org/> World Streets - Insights from leading
thinkers and practitioners around the world

Europe:   8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris,  France       USA:  9440
Readcrest Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90210

Paris, Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ex. Sum: To support World Streets <http://www.worldstreets.org/>  and the
New Mobility Agenda <http://www.newmobility.org/>  in 2009

.         Click here
<https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=e1oxFeRwuiu8XWPs
IiDSSFBeEyJESv9pYUadqgJwzuxwZ2UMPmORwFrB5Be&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1fa798f5a
5f5ae42e779d4b5655493f6171509c5b2ec019b86>  to donate one dollar (or more!).

.         Need payment help - click
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/01/support-via-internet.html>
here

Dear Sustran Friends:

We invite you to visit, use and support World Streets
<http://www.worldstreets.org/>  and the programs of the New Mobility Agenda
<http://newmobility.org/>  over all of 2009.  To make your small but
important supporting contribution in about two minutes please click here
<https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=e1oxFeRwuiu8XWPs
IiDSSFBeEyJESv9pYUadqgJwzuxwZ2UMPmORwFrB5Be&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1fa798f5a
5f5ae42e779d4b5655493f6171509c5b2ec019b86> .  (If you need payment
instructions or help click
<http://newmobilityagenda.blogspot.com/2009/01/support-via-internet.html>
here).

Your initiative will be helpful in several ways.

*	By making a contribution - large or small - you are sending us a
strong signal that what we are doing has value.

*	Your contributions will help us fund the diversity of our existing
<http://www.program.newmobility.org/>  programs at the quality level and
frequency you are used to.

*	Despite the many volunteers working with us, our programs are still
costly to run and require an annual budget of approximately EUR 100,000. An
active contributor base helps us equally to turn to the foundations,
agencies, and individuals who can make more sizable contributions to help us
make up a significant budget shortfall.

Coming from Sustran this is a partially important signal I think. It shows
to whoever cares to consider it, that our long term free partnership and
collaboration has meaning for you. Enough for you to take the time to make a
contrition. For us it is a very big dollar indeed.

Some of you have asked how much to give. My short answer is to each
according to their means and commitment to our shared concerns. Or I could
suggest using a rough Streets equivalent that might ring a bell with you:

*	The price of a bus ticket

*	Of a rental bike

*	Or that tank of gasoline you save just by thinking about it . . .

What is most important at this point is for you to sign on to register your
concrete expression of interest and concern.

Fees: Several friends have asked why we do not simply charge for the
information and services our various New Mobility programs render. My answer
to that is simple. Since we started these collaborative networking projects,
starting in 1988, we decided that everything that comes out of this
collaborative work should be entirely free. We wish to remain faithful to
this principle.

Advertising: Others have made the good suggestion that we should develop
additional revenues in support of the sites by bringing in advertising. In a
world of ubiquitous advertising, we wish to keep these programs not just
free, but free from commercial messages. With your help and support, and
that of like-minded individuals, we will remain faithful to these principles
and continue to offer quality programs that will help ensure the
sustainability of our cities and lives.

Thank you in advance for that contribution and support - we couldn't do this
without you!

Eric Britton

                       The New Mobility Agenda

cid:image001.jpg at 01C8DAF3.F7EBC130

               Technology transforms time and space

                                             . . . and our minds

  New Mobility Partnerships  - http://www.newmobility.org

       & check out World Streets -- www.Worldstreets.org

      Europe:   8/10 rue Joseph Bara,     75006 Paris,  France

        T:  +331 4326 1323  or  +339 7044 4179   Skype: ericbritton

      USA:      9440 Readcrest Drive   Los Angeles, CA  90210

        T:  +1 310 601-8468    Skype : newmobility