[sustran] Re: Sustainable Transport Action Network for Asia and thePacific (the SUSTRAN Network).

Paul Barter paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jun 3 16:55:49 JST 2009

I agree that it would be great to expand membership of sustran-discuss.

Even more importantly I hope we can encourage more members to actively
PARTICIPATE. You, the members, are a wonderful resource and we usually
hear from only a very few of us.  News, views and questions about urban
transport policy are all welcome.

You are especially welcome if you are from anywhere in the so-called
'developing countries' or any of the recently industrialised countries
(such as Korea) or if you have some personal experience of urban
transport in the cities of these countries.  We don't restrict
discussion to just Asia anymore. The main thing is that discussions here
focus on urban transport outside the 'Western countries'. You are also
especially welcome if English is not your first language. Please don't
be shy.

We can all learn valuable policy lessons from the experiences of every
city, large or small, rich or poor. It is easy! Just send a message to
Sustran-discuss at list.jca.apc.org

By the way, the community here on sustran-discuss is bigger than Eric
thought.  Approximately 450 or so people get the sustran-discuss emails.
We have 361 members via the main list (hosted by JCA) and 133 via the
yahoogroup mirror (who cannot post) but roughly 50 of these email
addresses are bouncing or duplicates.

And sustran-discuss started on 10 May 1997, so we are now 12 years old.

All the best,

Paul

[sustran-discuss founder and co-manager]

Paul A. Barter | Assistant Professor | LKY School of Public Policy
National University of Singapore | 469C Bukit Timah Road | Singapore
259772 | Tel: +65-6516 3324 | Fax: +65-6778 1020 | paulbarter at nus.edu.sg
<mailto:paulbarter at nus.edu.sg>  |
http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/Faculty_Paul_Barter.aspx
<http://www.spp.nus.edu.sg/Faculty_Paul_Barter.aspx>