[sustran] [World Streets] A family of small mice needs your help

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jul 31 22:42:30 JST 2009

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SnK4nUuKBvI/AAAAAAAABTM/NjwFdQCIJD4/s
1600-h/alvin-color.jpg> Today we want to tell you about a children's book on
our subject, and beyond that to see if any of you out there might be
interested in lending a hand so that we can create a handsome electronic
version, and possibly in other languages.. The Mouse Family (that's Alvin,
the poor harassed father there - - >) needs a little professional help.

Behind the mice:
Back in 1992, Year IV of the New Mobility Agenda, we had the idea that we
should be doing more with children, not only to teach them (what do we
really have to teach?) but rather to engage them with a first small step.
They are, after all, our future.

After talking this over with a couple of my colleagues (Wolfgang Zuckermann,
who became our poet, and Roget Tweed, our artist) several things ensued, of
which one that enjoyed a certain success at the time was the joint creation
of the first children's book in a series, entitled "Family Mouse Behind the
Wheel".

<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kbTo-M_pSuw/SnK5mJ8PvuI/AAAAAAAABTU/rKg2prUFTI4/s
1600-h/FM-in-car.jpg>

-à Read the full posting at http://WorldStreets.org/