[sustran] WorldTransport Forum People first: Transport Planning and Policy for the Urban Poor

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Jul 24 13:42:26 JST 2009

On Behalf Of Aaron Thomas
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:06 PM
To: WorldTransport at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: WorldTransport Forum People first: Transport Planning and
Policy for the Urban Poor

Given that it is the urban poor who bear the brunt (bear the largest costs)
of destructive/exclusionary transport systems while gaining the least, it
seems difficult to justify postponing a discussion of this topic that Eric
so wisely has proposed.

Is an acceptable compromise with Lake's point about preparation to hold a
less formal / more open forum discussion on this topic for at least part of
August, i.e. instead of polished articles, wider participation in the form
of open discussion and contributions?

with good wishes,

Aaron