[sustran] Re: Sustran-discuss Digest, Vol 64, Issue 22- cycling Xiamen

John Ernst johnernst at itdp.org
Mon Jan 5 11:39:26 JST 2009

Hi Cornie,

It has been 10-years since I was in Xiamen, but... the bike lanes
were removed about 15-years ago in the old town where road space was
a premium.  However, as you saw, they continued to build bike lanes
along new roads  -- including the new CBD.

Nice to hear that Xiamen is doing something for pedestrians and cyclists.

Cheers,
John