[sustran] Invitation-Bicycle Week

Vinay Baindur yanivbin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 00:30:55 JST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rajendra Ravi <rajendra_ravi at idsindia.net>
Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Subject: Invitation-Bicycle Week

SAVE CLIMATE                    USE BICYCLE             SUPPORT BRT

INVITATION

BICYCLE WEEK

7th -13th December 2009
Inaugural Lecture
7th  December 2009

On occasion of the 15th UN Climate Change conference to be held in
Copenhagen, Denmark, we are organizing a bicycle week from 7th- 13th
December 2009. We cordially invite you to participate in the Inaugural
Lecture of the “Bicycle Week”. Prof. Hermann Knoflacher, Head of the
Institute for Transportation Planning & Technology, Vienna, Austria will
deliver his lecture titled “Politics of Climate Change, space for Cycling
and BRT”. Prof. Knoflacher is a world renowned academic and has made
significant contributions that have strengthened the worldwide movement for
sustainable transportation and equitable cities. Knoflacher is well known
for his criticism of excessive automobile usage and its effects on humans
and the environment. On occasion of the inaugural function and through the
bicycle week thereafter, we will raise collective voices to save the world’s
ecology; battle climate chance and demand separate Bicycle lanes in Urban
Infrastructure. We will also demand that Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor
should be built and extended in other parts of the National Capital
Territory of Delhi as per the original plan and design.

Program Schedule

Time
1700 to 2000 Hrs
Date
7th December 2009
Venue
Gandhi Peace Foundation
221-223 D D Updhaya Marg
New Delhi-110002

Welcome
Rajendra Ravi

Facilitator
Faizan Jawed

Introduction
Geetam Tiwari

Gust Lecture
Hermann Knoflacher

Comment
Dinesh Mohan
Chief guest
Bhakta Charan Das, MP

Chair
Ali Anwar, MP

Vote of Thanks
Anita Kapoor

Organized by
National Cyclists Union

In association
National Alliance of People’s Movements
Urban Women Labour Union
Jan Sangarsh Vahini
Federation of Raj Nagar Residents Welfare Association
National Domestic Workers Union
Social Action and Training

Supported by
Institute of Democracy and Sustainability
Innovative Transport Solutions Pvt. Ltd., IIT Delhi

Technical support
TRIPP, IIT, New Delhi.

Contact Phone
09868200316, 09891629912, 09810787686, 01120506929, 09211382478
E-mail: rajendra_ravi at idsindia.net,nationalcyclist at gmail.com

Rajendra Ravi
INSTITUTE FOR DEMOCRACY AND SUSTAINABILITY
1-A, Goela lane, Underhill road,
Civil lines
New Delhi 110 054, India
Phone:  91 11 23933307