[sustran] The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those really bad ideas)

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Dec 2 03:37:59 JST 2009

The Not Sustainable Transport Library (A final resting place for those
really bad ideas)

We have just today created a new forum under the New Mobility Agenda. It is
called The Not Sustainable Transport Library, and the idea is to create a
nice warm place in which we can stack articles and related on what we think
are very poor transportation/environment proposals - often technology rich,
and rarely cheep - that present themselves as great ideas for our cities and
the planet.

It describes itself in these words:

The Not Sustainable Transport Library: Here we shall attempt to provide, by
way of what we hope will be telling examples, information on and leads to
transport related projects, proposals and technologies that are very often
presented (hyped) by those who stand to gain from their implementations as
advancing the sustainability agenda -- but which in our view are at best
very low in the priories for public sector support and certainly not
candidates for finance with hard-earned taxpayer money. There can be no
doubt in all that you see here that there is a very definite set of values
and priorities behind these selections. They are moreover consistent. The
basics behind these selections you will finally amply spelled out in the
pages of World Streets (http://www.WorldStreets.org) and of the New Mobility
Agenda (http://www.newmobility.org). Beyond that a brief trip to our four
page/four minute summary (http://tinyurl.com/ws-sum ) should help fill out
the basic background on all this.

You most probably really don't want to take your time with most of what will
show up here since they are selected exactly because they are so far beside
the point. But if you wish to have a look ,the address is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary/ .

And should you wish to comment, you can always post your message to:
TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary at yahoogroups.com

Otherwise, to subscribe:
TheNotSustainableTransportLibrary-subscribe at yahoogroups.com. And to