[sustran] [World Streets] Public Bikes: "Cycling on the rise"

Eric Britton (Paris, France) editor at worldstreets.org
Tue Apr 7 15:30:50 JST 2009

[http://spicycles.velo.info/Portals/0/Deliverables/SpicyclesFinal_Booklet_small.pdf]

This timely report just in from our Dutch friends SpiCycles. In their
words:
When the Spicycles project was launched in 2006, cycling was not
the "hot" mode of transport that it has become today. As project
partners, we wanted to gather experience related to specific areas of
cycling policy. We were keen to explore how key elements such as
communication and awareness raising, and the building of local
partnerships, might increase the modal share of cycling. We had big
expectations at the beginning of the project regarding cycling
planning, but could not have predicted the explosion in the popularity
of public bicycle systems that has taken place during Spicycles.

All Spicycles' results can now be seen in the reports and newsletters
on the website http://spicycles.velo.info, which also features an
innovative interactive map for cycling planning, a benchmarking tool
and a pool of consultants.
For further information contact:

Pascal J.W. van den Noort - operations at velomondial.net
Executive Director Velo Mondial
http://velomondial.blogspot.com
http://spicycles.velo.info

--
Posted By Eric Britton (Paris, France) to World Streets at 4/07/2009
06:19:00 AM