[sustran] [NewMobilityCafe] Sustainable Urban Transport - 850 programs and websites - (work in progress)

Mari at pdv-systeme.de Mari at pdv-systeme.de
Mon Sep 1 17:20:35 JST 2008

From: Mari J�ssi [mailto:mari at seit.ee]
Sent: Monday, 1 September 2008 09:36

Hi, Eric!

This kind of international list of close to 1000 links could be easily
edited collaboratively -- in a Wiki or Google Site type of shared editing
environment. Updating it through an administrator makes it more then double
work -- looking for updates, explaining the updates, understanding the
explanations and finally making the updates.

Of course it works when there are only minor changes, but when there are
hundreds of small changes, then it takes too much to administrate.

World Carfree Network has just started a wiki page on CFD events worldwide.
http://editthis.info/wcd/Main_Page

So maybe you want to consider using a wiki type of platform for updating
this list.

Now, looking through the list I think it is not very useful for getting an
overview of organizations working on sustainable urban transport -- listing
a mixture of organizations from Swedish Road Administration to European
Association of Motorcycle builders, The Association of Chief Police Officers
(ACPO) to  Birmingham Airport does not make much sense. It seems that the
list is just a print of Google search with very general keywords of urban
transport from 2006  -- anyone can do a more practical search on Google with
updated links.  So -- making it more functional is another job than just
getting the links correct and throwing out dead projects and needs some
discussion what we want  from this list actually.

Best greetings from Tallinn,

Mari
Estonian Green Movement
www.autovaba.ee

PS. Thanks and right on Mari.

We have recently started a wiki for just this kind of group work at
http://editthis.info/newmobility/Main_Page. For the moment it is a start-up
mess, but perhaps some of you might join in to help make it better. I might
add that this is in parallel with our rather good entry in the Wikipedia at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mobility_Agenda. I have yet to figure out
how to make all of this synch � which is one of the reasons for our
Knowledge project (http://www.knowledge.newmobility.org).