[sustran] Attack against World Car Free Days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfL-MVK8Bvc

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Oct 25 19:11:45 JST 2008

=93First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win=94.

 =

That=92s their best shot? Whoa, I think this is great news if that=92s the =
best
they can muster. =

 =

Since 17 October 1994 I have actively pushed the idea of from time to time
organizing days or events without or with far fewer cars, reinforced by
people and groups who take a bit of time out to reflect on how we might do a
bit better in all this. The idea of putting our cars aside from time to time
(I have a car, BTW) and reflecting a bit on all this seems to me like and
important and timely idea.

 =

And when you have a strong idea, you don=92t need to hide. Let the CEI and
others who share their views come on in and give it their best shot (was
that it?).  Give =91em rope. They will indeed hang themselves.

 =

Remember Gandhi? =93First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they
fight you, then you win=94.

 =

That=92s our ticket.

 =

Eric Britton

 =

PS. And anyway it will be more fun to mock them a bit rather than to allow
ourselves to be outraged and defensive. Our friends over there at Adbusters
often do a good job of just this.  You may also have some fun with the
following. Lots more IQ/minute than the CEI appears to be able to muster.

 =

PPS. Because they are so touching, I attach at the bottom of this note ALL
the comments that have been receive since this masterwork was placed online.

 =

                                   Carsharing rocks =

                     <http://www.carshare-lite.newmobility.org>
www.carshare-lite.newmobility.org =