[sustran] [NewMobilityCafe] Knoogle update

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Oct 9 02:12:33 JST 2008

A quick update on the Knoogle 1.0 project in progress. See it at
http://knoogle.net.

We are working with a team from the Center for Advancing Research and
Solutions for Society of the University of Michigan under the direction of
Susan Zielinski to bring this power search engine to its next stage of
development. Quickly by the numbers to summarize:

1.     At last count there are going on 400 programs and sources that are
automatically being searched by the combined search engine.

2.     And while we have tried very hard to make sure that they are all
tight on topic, there are some that most probably are not sufficiently
focused on our target - i.e.,. the New Mobility Agenda in all its variants
and extensions - so they will doubtless get stripped out rather quickly.

3.     But we also know that there are other important site which are
missing, so may we ask you this? Quite simply, if you have sources or sites
on the web which you have found particularly useful please let us know so
that we can add them to our inventory.

And finally if your interest and time permit, I'd like to invite you to come
on in to the team and help us work to perfect this free toolset for all to
use. If you drop me an email I'll send on details. It need not take a lot of
your time.

All suggestions and inputs on this are timely and most appreciated.
(Including if you think it's lousy idea. It would be good to know before we
get to much further into this.)

We're working on it.